About the Ultimate Guide - Phase 1 Rapid Response
Schedule your intake call
Upcoming webinars and Q&A sessions
How to access your resources
Update your profile and settings
Functions in this platform
Webinar with Gordon Abraham (Bollegraaf Recycling Solutions) - May 6, 2020
Live Interview with Paolo Dazi (Konecranes) - April 28, 2020
Live Interview with Ron van Zonneveld (Kardex Remstar) - April 16, 2020
Webinar with Sae Kwon (Cisco) - April 9, 2020
Q&A Session with Patrick Jansen (VBR Turbine Partners) - April 2, 2020
Q&A Session with Sae Kwon (Cisco) - April 2, 2020
Webinar with Mark van der Wolf (Moba) and Jörg Brandstädter (Qiagen) - March 19, 2020
The Ultimate Guide for Phase 1: Rapid Response -v1
Summary Slide Deck - The Ultimate Guide for Phase 1: Rapid Response -v1
Exchange with your peers
Feedback and Suggestions for moreMomentum-Team
Why this Guide
We are currently experiencing an unprecedented crisis in terms of scale and duration since World War II. It is a huge challenge for all of us to adapt to the new requirements and new uncertainties.
Every business is defining and executing their new Disaster Recovery Plans and Business Continuity Plans while the situation changes per day, per country.
For Field Services, the challenge is different than for other functions of the manufacturing business, particularly in industries where clients continue to operate and still need support while doing so. This support often requires hands on machines on site. In many “critical” or “essential” sectors like healthcare, food, transportation and logistics, the demand increased due to the impact of COVID-19.
For most service business, the challenges are;
- How to continue field service operations, with many obstacles, while keeping people safe?
- How to secure the continuity of supporting customers?
- How to protect the own business?
A crisis like we are facing now is very new to all of us and of a completely different magnitude compared to health-crises and economic-downturns of the last century. However, we must have the right response to this crisis very rapidly without the help of adequate manuals, playbooks, protocols or any experience from the past. We all feel the urgent need to do the right thing for our people, our clients, the public and our business.
Fortunately, you are not alone in this
Together, as peers, we can avoid;
- Reinventing the wheel
- Making the same mistakes others already made
- Acting to slow
- Unnecessarily harming our interests for the longer term
That is why we started the Emerging Best Practices Project on COVID-19. The mission of the moreMomentum Services Community is to;
- Accelerate the learning curve, to avoid that we all make the same mistakes
- Collect and develop emerging best practices
- Provide a framework for each phase to overcome the impact of COVID-19
- Document emerging best practices which can serve as a practical guide
About this Guide
The “Ultimate Guide to phase 1 – Rapid Response to the COVID-19 Crisis” is meant to be a practical guide based on emerging practices we have captured from your peers during the “emerging” best practices project of early 2020.
Although it may be a bit early to consider them “best practices”, many of the practices and a large part of the desk research is based on common practices in crisis management and existing Disaster Recovery Plans and Business Continuity Plans.
It has become an extensive document with a lot of text, which is probably not the most exiting read. You will already know a lot of the content and apply many of the practices.
Added value of this guide is;
- Confirmation that you are on the right track
- Some additional practices which you may want to consider
- “Checklist” of more detailed practices to enhance the practices you have put in place
- A document to help you review and enhance your Disaster Recovery Plans
When evaluating the practices described in this guide, it is good to consider that;
- Every industry and customer segment may have to act under different circumstances and requirements
- Your business may face different circumstances and requirements
- There is no single best solution
We still need to evaluate the practices to designate any of them as “Best Practices”
About the "Emerging" Best Practices Project
This “Ultimate Guide to phase 1 – Rapid Response to the COVID-19 Crisis” is based on an ongoing research starting in March 2020 amongst many service leaders across the world in various B2B equipment manufacturing industries.
We already conducted activities like;
- (Live) interviews
- Q&A sessions
- Webinar with practitioners from leading manufacturers
- Desk research on crisis management in general and specifically related to COVID-19
- Group discussions with Peer Groups of the moreMomentum Services Community
The guide is part of a total package of deliverables, which includes;
- A slide deck of the summary of the guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Phase 1 – Rapid Response to the COVID-19 Crisis
- Recordings of live interviews, Q&A sessions and webinars