Recordings of webinars and Q&A sessions
Watch and process the interviews and webinars at convenient times without disturbing your job.
Bespoke and confidential advice on your strategy and approach to implementing the Best Practices (€425, available complimentary if you sign up before April 30).
Leverage the collective experience and knowledge with your peers
- Understand the changing concerns, challenges and opportunities
- Know the tactics and strategies of leading manufacturers
- Learn how your peers execute and close the knowing-doing gap
- Have a clear picture of the different scenarios for an economic recession and potential disruptions
- Build an adequate and adaptive strategy to overcome the longer-term impact of COVID-19
- Prepare an execution plan
- Get critical stakeholders on board
April, May and June, we will
- Interview experts and service leaders
- Host group discussions between peers
- Prepare practical guides and job aids for you to use internally in your business
- Host Q&A sessions to make sure that you are well supported to execute the best practices
Who is joining
- Global heads of services
- Regional service leaders
- Service strategy directors
- Experts in service competence centres
- Internal consultants
The biggest risk right now: Staying in reactive and survival mode
You have been working hard for the last months to mitigate the immediate impact of COVID-19 on your services business. This was pretty tough and new, with a lot of uncertainties.
It is not over yet.
Most of you are now starting to think about the longer-term impact, and may even see opportunities to accelerate service innovations, like remote services and technologies.
Here is the problem
We still do not have the crystal ball. It is hard to tell;
- How long COVID-19 will limit the way you can offer your services
- How your clients’ needs and expectations will change in the short term and longer-term
At the same time, you may see;
- an increase in demand for maintenance services
- a dramatic increase in pressure on costs
- your clients demanding lower prices
- delay of any (financial) investments
This will have a huge effect on your service operations and possibilities to invest in development.
One of your biggest risks is to jump to the wrong critical conclusions or to get stuck in survival mode.
It would be a shame and harmful if you would reinvent the wheel and go in trial-and-error mode, while your peers are going through exactly the same journey.
You are not alone
In our moreMomentum Services Community, we leverage the collective experiences, practices and knowledge on critical topics.
That is why we have started a Best Practices Projects to collectively overcome the impact of COVID-19.
We follow a 3-step strategy to overcome the crisis.
The Best Practices Project for Phase 1: Rapid Response to COVID-19 started in March and will be finalised in May. You can access the "Ultimate Guide for Phase 1: Rapid Response to overcome the impact of COVID-19" and other resources of the project in this moreMomentum Community Platform.
In April, we started the Best Practices Project Phase 2 - Review and Outlook.
Avoid getting stuck
Manufacturers which are not able to continuously adapt and innovate, even when the pressure is high, will;
- Fall behind competition
- See unnecessary decline in revenue and profit
- Not benefit from the new opportunities of today
- Lose their best clients
- See employee engagement drop and their talents move to the successful companies
- Ultimately run the risk of not surviving the disruption or next economic recession
Be one of the leaders in your industry
- Get control in these uncertain times
- Adequately address threats and turn them into opportunities
- Pursue new opportunities to lead the industry and set your business apart
- Execute with confidence, closing the knowing-doing gap
- Retain and attract talents
- Feel more reward from hard work
Yes, it is, for a good reason.
Because multiple participants together cover the cost for this Best Practices Project, we can keep the fee very low and still provide good value.
We believe this is even more important than before, to avoid investments for you in these challenging times.
The entire Best Practices Project will take 12 weeks.
In the first two phases, we will do interviews and group sessions with participants, interview other experts and run a survey.
After 4-6 weeks you will get the deliverables like;
- Survey report
- Best Practices report, including guiding principles for the implementation
- Summary slide-deck
- SWOT assessment worksheet
- Work packages and job-aids
During the second half of the project we will host several webinars and Q&A sessions. We will discuss the deliverables and ensure you really get practical from the Best Practices we revealed and developed.
So, it is all about closing the "Knowing-Doing" - Gap!
Survey report of developments and views in the services industry
Best Practices report
Strategies to implement and execute the best practices
SWOT assessment package
Job-Aids to prepare your strategy
Access to live interviews with experts and peers
Webinars about the results and deliverables
Live Q&A sessions with experts and peers
New members in your network of peers
How long will the Best Practices Project take?
In total 3 months: - 2 weeks for the preparation and interviews - 2 weeks for the survey and analysis - 2 weeks for preparing the deliverables - 6 weeks for Q&A sessions to support you in applying the best practices
When will the deliverables be available?
The deliverables will be ready in 4-6 week after the launch of the Best Practices Project (April 20).
How will I get access to the resources?
All deliverables, recordings of webinars and Q&A sessions will be available on our Community Platform. You can access this with your login credentials.
How long will I have access to the resources?
You will have access to the deliverables and recordings until 3 months after the Best Practices Project has ended.
Can my colleagues join?
The registration/membership is for one person only, for you personally. You will have access to the resources, webinars and Q&A sessions with your credentials. However, we encourage you to share the deliverables with your colleagues. In case your colleagues want to access all resources, recordings and join the live Q&A sessions, we ask you to let him/her sign up for the Best Practices Project too. The fee is dead-cheap, also if you need to pay for 2 people.
Why is the fee (€250) that dead cheap?
We will have several participants joining the Best Practices Project, so you are all sharing our costs to run and execute the Best Practices Project. Today, we believe this is even more important than before, to avoid investments for you in these challenging times.
The good thing is, you are not alone.
We, in the moreMomentum Service Community, exchange and leverage each others experience, knowledge and practices.
That way we all boost our learning curves and avoid reinventing the wheel.
I really hope you will be part of it.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.